Saturday, November 15, 2008

choosing God

Why do I choose God? God and my relationship really started when I turned 16, even though I had been exposed to the Christian religion all my life. He didn't become vital until then. Over the last 11 years he has definitely weaved in and out of my life. Sharing things with me I would have never understood. It hit me like a pie in the face! I choose God, because there is a part of me that wishes to be in a perfect relationship, to be completely naked or vunerable for everything in my life and still hear God say, "I LOVE YOU!" I choose you! because I have learned the hard way that people aren't perfect and they will let you down, even if they don't want to. But God will never do that. To believe that there is more to life than death, that there is a "heaven" waiting for me. That my life had more meaning then just the daily grind of life. That someone "sees" Amber for the mysterious, beautiful, amazing, crazy, wild, fierce, passionate, caring, nurturing, decisive Woman she is. That I may not have all the answers right now, but I may when I finally come face to face with my Savior. That I want a Savior, I want someone to save me from the quiet, fearful, boring life I used to have. That if anything happened to my babies that they would be in a safe place.